What We Offer ?
We offer live, instructor-led, online TOEFL test preparation courses. Join a community of test preparers in a course taught by a native-speaking American instructor. Classes are held three times per week extending across a three-month period to afford students the time they need for gradual, steady skill development. In addition to live classes, the course entails a study plan employing authentic study materials, weekly assigned homework, and plentiful, ongoing instructor feedback.
Jonae Muhammad: Curriculum Vitae
About The Instructor
Jonae is deeply committed to partnering with students to realize their academic goals. She is a Texas (US) native and has taught ESL for 7 years to adult immigrants newly arrived in the US through a local language institution, a large community college in Houston, and private lessons. She holds a bachelor’s degree in English and a Master’s degree in Rhetoric and Composition (writing). Additionally, she has teaching certificates in ESL and TESOL (teaching English to speakers of other languages). Her TOEFL classes are calibrated to meet the demands of the test with material from ETS, the test makers. Jonae will work to meet students where they are and to fill in the gaps to build the undergirding skills they need to perform well on the exam. She also seeks to accustom them to the ebbs and rhythms of the exam, so they are equipped to master it. Her students have a partner walking with them to success.
- Master’s Degree in Rhetoric and Composition
- BA in English, University of Houston Downtown, Graduated w/ Honors
- TESOL Certificate (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- ELAR Teacher’s Certificate, 8-12
- Supplemental ESL Teacher’s Certificate
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica Ecuador (7 mos. Intensive Spanish Program)
- Houston Community College
- Language Instructor
- Bilingual Education Institute
- Intensive English Program Instructor
- TOEFL Instructor
- High School Teacher
- ESL English Teacher
- University of Houston Downtown
- Writing Associate